Orange BeefSubmitted by: FUMBLING
IntroductionAdapted from Rachel Ray Magazine Adapted from Rachel Ray Magazine
1 lb. Beef Round Steak, extra lean
Grated orange peel from one orange
Juice from 2 oranges
2 1/2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
1 cup Scallions, sliced
1 tbsp. Brown Sugar
2. Slice steak diagonally, thin, halved crosswise.
3. Add steak to orange juice mixture, turn to coat evenly, cover and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. In large skillet or wok, heat 1 tbsp. EVOO over high heat. Using tongs, transfer the meat from the marinade to the wok and cook approx 5 minutes. Turn once. Remove from wok and transfer to plate.
5. Add remaining half tbsp. EVOO and the scallions to wok, cooking over medium heat, stirring until wilted or about 2 minutes. Transfer over the beef.
6. Pour the remaining marinade in the wok and bring to boil. Lower the heat and reduce by half. Whisk in the brown sugar. Return the steak and onions to wok, turning to coat.
Serve with side of steamed veggies and/or long grain rice.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FUMBLING.