Multi-Grain Batter BreadSubmitted by: JULIEIRENE
IntroductionThis is a fairly fast & easy bread to make as it does not have to be kneaded. This is a fairly fast & easy bread to make as it does not have to be kneaded.
3 cups Brown Rice Flour
2/12 cups Whole Wheat Flour
2 tsp Turbinado Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
2 pkgs Dry Active Yeast (=4.5 tsp)
2 cups Milk, Nonfat
1/2 cup Water
1/2 cup Wheat Germ (untoasted)
1/2 cup Oats
1/4 cup Cornmeal
2 Tbsp Vegetable Shortening
2. In a large bowl, mix 3 cups of rice flour & 1/2 cup of wheat flour with sugar, salt, baking soda & yeast.
3. Heat milk & water in saucepan over medium heat until very warm.
4. Add milk mixture to flour mixture & beat with electric mixer on low until moistened. Beat on medium speed for 3 more minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl.
5. Stir in rest of wheat flour, wheat germ & oats until batter is stiff.
6. Divide batter between loaf pans. Round tops of loaves by patting with floured hands, & sprinkle with cornmeal.
7. Cover pans loosely with plastic wrap & let rise in a warm place about 30 minutes, or until batter is about 1" below tops of pans.
8. Pre-heat oven to 400.
9. Bake about 25 minutes or until tops of loaves are light brown.
10. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool.
Makes 2 loaves, 16 slices from each.
Number of Servings: 32
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JULIEIRENE.