- Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 79.0
- Total Fat: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 27.9 mg
- Sodium: 174.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
Pancakes with Steelcut OatmealSubmitted by: LIMASTAR
IntroductionA hearty breakfast of Pancakes made with cooked Steelcut Oatmeal A hearty breakfast of Pancakes made with cooked Steelcut Oatmeal
.5 Cup Cooked Steelcut Oatmeal
2 Cups Milk 2%
2 Large Eggs
3 Tbsp Butter, unsalted and melted
1.5 Cups Flour
4 tsp Baking Powder
4 tsp Sugar
0.5 tsp Salt
(Milk, Eggs and Melted Butter)
2. Mix together the Flour, Baking Powder, Sugar and Salt and add to the wet ingredients.
3. Stir everything until just mixed. Do not over stir.
4. Spray griddle with Pam or use melted butter to grease the griddle.
5. Heat griddle over moderate heat.
6. When griddle is hot, drop about .25 cup of batter for each pancake.
7. When the top of Pancake is full of bubbles and bottom is brown, flip to cook other side.
8. You can place cooked pancakes on plate and keep in warm oven until ready to eat or eat as they come off the griddle.
I like using cooked Steelcut Oatmeal for a hearty bite, but you can also use regular oatmeal if you wish. If using uncooked oatmeal, measure out, place in milk and leave overnight in the refrigerator. The next day, follow the instructions for making the Pancake mix.
If the batter seems a bit thick, you can thin it with a small amount of milk.
Servings: 20 medium sized Pancakes
Number of Servings: 20
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LIMASTAR.