Tofu PulavSubmitted by: LEANMUSING
IntroductionTofu can be substituted by eggs if desired. Good Protein source! Tofu can be substituted by eggs if desired. Good Protein source!
1. Tofu, silken, lite firm, 340 grams - 1 pack
2. Basmathi Rice Uncooked - 1 cup (soaked in water for 10 mins)
3. Green Beans (frozen/fresh) - 10 beans
4. Carrots (frozen/fresh) - 1/2 cup (sliced)
5. Peas (frozen) - 1/2 cup
6. Chickpeas (garbanzo beans) - 1/2 cup
(canned or if fresh need to soak it water and boil well)
7. Ghee - Clarified Butter - 1 tsp
8. Sunflower Oil - 1 tbsp
9. Water - 2.5 cup
10. Salt - 1 tbsp
11. Crushed red chillies - 1 tsp
12. Cinamon - 1/2 stick broken into small pieces
13. Bay leaves - 3
14. Cloves - 2
15. Cardomom - 2
2. Break the Tofu nicely into small pieces by hand or spoon. heat a sauce pan and add the tofu to the pan along with the crushed red pepper/chillis. Fry them well until the tofu looses all its water breaks into small pieces and looks like scrambled egg. Empty the tofu to another plate or container.
2. In the same pan heat the ghee and drain the basmathi rice into it. Fry it for 3-4 mins till the rice becomes slightly yellow and opaque. Tranfer it to a plate.
3. In the sauce pan, heat the oil and add whole masala to it (cinamon, bay leaf, cloves & cardamom). Add the carrot, beans, peas and any other vegetables you like to it. Add a little water to it. Cover it with a lid and cook in medium flame for 5 mins.
4. Once they are nicely cooked add the 2.5 cup water to it. Add the salt and let it boil for 5 minutes.
5. Now add the Basmathi ice to it, cover it with a lid and let it cook in Medium for 7 minutes. After that add the tofu to the mix and let it cook for another 3-5 mins.
6. Once rice is done remove from flame and serve with the desired curry!
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LEANMUSING.