- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 244.1
- Total Fat: 5.0 g
- Cholesterol: 85.0 mg
- Sodium: 311.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 35.2 g
Chicken and Sweet Potatoes with ThymeSubmitted by: HEALTH4LYFE
IntroductionThe recipe calls originally for bone in chicken. I bought chicken breasts and tried it that way instead. The recipe calls originally for bone in chicken. I bought chicken breasts and tried it that way instead.
* Chicken Breast, no skin, 31.04 ounces
* Sweet potato, peeled, cooked, 2 large
* *Garlic, minced in jar (1/2 tsp= 1 clove), 6 serving
* *Extra Light Olive Oil, 1.3 tbsp
* Thyme, ground, 1.5 tsp
* Pepper, black, .5 tbsp
* Salt, .5 tsp
* Lemon juice, 1 tbsp
2. Bake the chicken and sweet potatoes, turning the sweet potatoes once or twice, for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to 6 serving plates and cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Turn up the oven to 500 degrees. Bake the sweet potatoes for 8-10 minutes longer, or until the sweet potatoes are tender. Place the sweet potatoes on teh plates with the chicken and serve.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MEOTTEN.