- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 93.2
- Total Fat: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 10.2 mg
- Sodium: 241.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 5.8 g
Shaun's Healthy Meat & Vegetable PizzaSubmitted by: SHAUNH20
IntroductionMost healthy recipes omit meat, not this one! Most healthy recipes omit meat, not this one!
Boboli's Thin Pizza crust (10 oz), 1 serving
Healthy Choice Pasta Sauce, 3/4 cup
Shady Brook Lean Ground Turkey, 1/5th of a total 20.8 ounce package (if you can find it some stores have Italian Seasoned Shady Brook Lean Ground Turkey, it is better for this recipe as it makes the meat taste more like sausage but if not that is fine)
3 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup Green Peppers , chopped
5 large fresh Mushrooms (I use portabella sliced)
1/2 cup Red Onions, chopped
5 spanish Olives w/pimentos, sliced
Hormel Turkey Pepperoni - 17 slices
3/4 cups Kraft 2% Mozzarella Cheese
2 tablespoons of Mario black Olives
2. Cook ground turkey till about halfway done.
3. Drain ground turkey
4. Add mushrooms, green peppers and finely chopped garlic. Finish cooking ground turkey and vegetables until meat is complely brown and the vegetables are no longer crisp. Also, if you have some garlic salt you may want to add it here while it's cooking. When finished drain, if necessary, again.
5. Add pasta sauce evenly on pizza crust (note - I add 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese here but for this recipe I omitted, it helps make the pizza taste "cheesier")
6. Apply turkey pepperoni in an even fashion around the pizza crust (start in the center and work your way out in a clockwise fashion is how I do it).
7. Add ground turkey, mushroom, garlic and green peppers in an even fashion around the pizza crust.
8. Add red onions, green and black olives in an even fashion around the crust.
9. Salt and pepper the pizza as you see fit.
10. Add mozzarella cheese to pizza as evenly as you can.
11. Cook in oven at 450 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes until cheese is melted (I usually cook for 12 minutes as it makes the crust a little crisper).
Serves 8 very generous slices (2 of them and you will probably be full unless you're a big eater) or 16 smaller "snack-size" slices. Great for a party with company, they won't even notice they are eating much healthier than a Domino's or Papa Johns!
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SHAUNH20.