Gobi Mushroom CurrySubmitted by: LEANMUSING
Introductionmmm..delicious and quick mmm..delicious and quick
1. Mushrooms - 1 8oz pack cut into slices.
2. Cauliflower - 1 medium flower head broken into very small flowerets.
3. Garlic - 1 clove nicely sliced
4. Onions - 1/2 cup chopped
5. Milk 2% - 1/4 cup
(Only for extra flavouring you can even avoid it if u want)
6. Sunflower Oil - 2tsp
7. Bay Leaf - 2-3 leaves
8. Tamarinds - 1 tsp mixed in 1/4 cup water,
(Can use one tomato nicely chopped instead)
9. Water - 1 cup
10.Curry powder - 1 tsp
11.Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
12.Chili powder - 1 tsp
13.Cardamom - 2 pods
14.Cinnamon stick - 2 small pieces
15.Coriander powder - 1 tsp
16.Cumin powder - 1 tsp
17.Salt - 1.5 tsp
2. Heat oil in the sauce pan and add the cinnamon, bayleaf and cardamom to it. Followed by garlic and then onion. Sautee everything until onion is cooked.
3. Add the mushrooms and drain the cauliflower into this. Add the turmeric and 1/4 cup tamrind water and let it cook in medium flame for 5 minutes with the lid on.
4. Add coriander, cumin, chilli & curry powder stir well and then add the salt. Add 1/4 cup of water or a little more so that everything is 3/4 immersed in water. Let it boil with the lid on for 10 mins.
5. When you open the lid you will get a nice aroma of spices, now add the milk and let it boil for 2-3 mins. Remove from flame and serve with rice , bread or any indian bread.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LEANMUSING.