This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe (what's this)
IntroductionThis tasty bread is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, thanks to the small amount of oil and egg used. This tasty bread is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, thanks to the small amount of oil and egg used.
- 1-1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
2. Stir together dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Make a well in center of dry mixture.
3. In separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients; add this mixture all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just enough to moisten and evenly distribute carrots.
4. Turn into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and complete cooling on a wire rack before slicing.
Yield: One loaf--Serving Size: 1/2-inch slice