Healthy Banana BreadSubmitted by: SISPRATT
IntroductionA healthy alternative to traditional banana bread, substituting Xagave nectar for sugar, and whole wheat flour for half of the flour. A healthy alternative to traditional banana bread, substituting Xagave nectar for sugar, and whole wheat flour for half of the flour.
1 ½ to 1 ¾ cup mashed bananas (4-5 bananas)
1/3 cup xagave nectar (or 1 cup sugar)
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
¾ cup, chopped walnuts (optional)
Serving size: 2 mini muffins
Preheat oven to 350F
1. Mash the bananas and whisk in the egg and xgave nectar.
2. In a separate bowl, mix flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, lightly with a fork to blend)
3. Lightly stir flour mixture into the banana, egg and xagave mixture, just until moistened and mixed through.
4. Let sit 5 minute, then spoon approx. 1 tablespoon of batter into mini muffin tins.
5. Bake at 350F (180C) for 14-18 minutes. You can test the bread by sticking a toothpick into a muffin and if it comes out clean it is finished.
Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Number of Servings: 18
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SISPRATT.