Egyptian ChiliSubmitted by: GLOBALJUJU
IntroductionYou won't be able to get enough! You won't be able to get enough!
* 1 (1lb.) bag dry lentils, about 3.25 cups uncooked
* 1 cup granulated TVP (textured veetable protein)
* Onions, raw, 1 cup, chopped, or 1 large
* Scallions, raw, 6 medium (4-1/8" long)
* Red Ripe Tomatoes, 1 cup, chopped or sliced
* Garlic, 4 clove
* Salt, 1 tsp
* Cinnamon, ground, 1 tbsp
* *Cumin seed, 1 tbsp
* Tomato Sauce, 1 cup
* Peppers, sweet, red, raw, sliced, 1 cup
* Pepper, black, 1 tbsp
* Hot Pepper Sauce, 3 tsp
* Pepper, red or cayenne, 1 tbsp
* Brown Sugar, 2 TBS not packed
* Honey, 2 TBS
* 1/2 cup ketchup, or to taste
Serve with plain yogurt, goat's cheese, or sour cream.
Experiment with the spices to suit your liking!
Makes about 12, 3/4 cup servings.
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GLOBALJUJU.