Sauteed Brussels SproutsSubmitted by: LOLA417
IntroductionA recipe for brussels sprouts that even the kids will love! A recipe for brussels sprouts that even the kids will love!
1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
1/4 cup shallots
1/2 cup Low-sodium, low-fat chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
2. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to sautee pan under medium-high heat.
3. When oil is hot, add garlic & shallots and sautee for 1 minute.
4. Add brussels sprouts and sautee for 3-5 minutes until lightly browned.
5. Add chicken broth to pan and stir occasionally for 5 minutes or until chicken broth is boiled off.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste
7. Remove from heat and serve while warm.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LOLA417.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Not bad. I think I might change dome things next time. To the vegetarians: instead of attacking & giving this recipe bad reviews w/o trying it, why don't you use veg stock? It's pretty rude (and frowned on by sp I think) to review in the manner you did, unless of course you tried it, which I doubt. - 2/21/10