- Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 190.8
- Total Fat: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 181.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.1 g
- Protein: 9.0 g
Mediterranean Whole Wheat Couscous DeliteSubmitted by: CURVES_N_CURLS
IntroductionEasy-peasy... It all comes from a box or a bag! This is better-for-you 'fast food'! It's a go-to side for me when I don't have much time. :) [Created 2009-10-03.] Easy-peasy... It all comes from a box or a bag! This is better-for-you 'fast food'! It's a go-to side for me when I don't have much time. :) [Created 2009-10-03.]
* 1 1/2 cups Campbell’s 25% Less Salt Chicken Broth
* 1 whole 500g bag Europe's Best 'Mediterranean Diced Delite' Frozen Mixed Vegetables
* 1/2 box / 170g President's Choice Whole Wheat Couscous
* Freshly-ground black pepper and basil / garlic / oregano, or whatever spices you desire, to taste --- NOT included in nutritional information!
2. Add the bag of frozen mixed vegetables, and the spices (to taste), and bring back to a boil. Simmer for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the couscous, stir, and cover.
4. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
5. This makes five 8-oz cups of couscous. If you eat less, simply track as a fraction of a whole cup. (1/2 cup = "0.5 servings")
6. Enjoy! :)
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CURVES_N_CURLS.