- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 222.4
- Total Fat: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 46.2 mg
- Sodium: 879.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 28.7 g
Charming Chicken-Cheese Casserole!Submitted by: BARBIEGIRL16
IntroductionA deliciously light Mexican tortilla treat! A deliciously light Mexican tortilla treat!
1 Cup Fat-Free, Less-sodium Chicken Broth
10 Tbsp. Chopped Green Chiles, divided
1 1/2 Pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken breasts
1 Cup Chopped Onion
1 Cup Evaporated Skim Milk
1 1/2 Cup Fat-Free Cheddar Cheese, Divided
1/4 Cup (2 ounces) Fat-Free Cream Cheese
1 Cup Enchilada Sauce
12 (4.5-inch) Corn Tortillas
1 Ounce Tortilla Chips, crushed (About 6 chips)
2. Remove chicken from cooking liquid, reserving cooking liquid; cool chicken. Shred meat with two forks, and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350°. Heat a large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add 5 tablespoons of chiles and onion; sauté 3 minutes or until soft.
4. Add reserved cooking liquid, milk, 1 Cup Cheddar, cream cheese, and enchilada sauce; stir well. Stir in shredded chicken; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Place 4 tortillas in the bottom of a 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Spoon 2 cups chicken mixture over tortillas. Repeat layers twice, ending with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and chips.
6. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
7. Serve, and enjoy!
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BARBIEGIRL16.