- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 388.2
- Total Fat: 20.3 g
- Cholesterol: 66.2 mg
- Sodium: 335.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 11.1 g
Creamy Orange-and -Chocolate CheesecakeSubmitted by: HEALTH4LYFE
IntroductionDo ahead: Bake cheesecake; after cooling, cover tightly, and refrigerate in pan for several days. Do ahead: Bake cheesecake; after cooling, cover tightly, and refrigerate in pan for several days.
Baker's semi-sweet chocolate (1 oz=1 square), 3 oz
ARCHWAY Cookies, Dutch Cocoa, 12 serving
Low fat cream cheese, 3 cup ( 8 oz bars, at room temperature)
Granulated Sugar, 1.5 cup
Egg, fresh, 3 large
Sour Cream, reduced fat, 1 cup at room temperature
Vanilla Extract, 1.5 tsp
Orange Extract, 1 serving
2. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of an 8.5 springform pan. Set aside 6 cookies to use in center of cake. Press 6 of the remaining cookies into bottom of pan, cutting them to fit.
3. In large bowl, with eletric mixer on high speed, beat cream cheese until fluffy; gradually beat in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream and vanilla extract. Measure out 4 cups of this mixture and transfer to another bowl.
4. Add melted chocolate to remaining mixture and beat until blended. Pour over cookie crust. Place the 6 cookies for center in a single layer over chocolate mixture, cutting them to fit. Stir orange extract into reminaing cheesecake mixture; pour gently over cookie layer.
5. Place baking sheet under pan to catch any drips. Bake cheesecake in center of oven for 40 minutes. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in oven for 1 hour without opening door. Remove cheesecake from oven to wire rack and cool about 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate in pan 2-3 hours, until completely chilled.
6. To remove from pan, run a small sharp knife around edge of cheesecake to loosen. Remove side of pan. Decorate top of cake with chocolate curls, and side of cake as desired.
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MEOTTEN.