- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 307.0
- Total Fat: 23.7 g
- Cholesterol: 130.9 mg
- Sodium: 246.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 28.8 g
Turkey Meatloaf with Fontina and MushroomSubmitted by: JAC-ATTACK
IntroductionThis was originally taken from Everyday Food September 2009. I made it gluten free by substituting coconut four. This was originally taken from Everyday Food September 2009. I made it gluten free by substituting coconut four.
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
* Coarse salt and ground pepper
* 2 small leeks, white and light-green parts only, thinly sliced, washed, and dried thoroughly
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 cup cup shredded fontina cheese (4 ounces)
* 2 T coconut flour
* 1 large egg
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage leaves
* 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey (93 percent lean)
2. Return skillet to medium and add 1 tablespoon oil. Add leeks and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 4 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Add to bowl with mushrooms and let cool.
3. Add fontina, bread, egg, and sage to bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. Mix in turkey, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. On a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet, use your hands to form turkey mixture into a 10-inch loaf. Bake until cooked through, about 45 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JAC-ATTACK.