Black Bean & Chorizo SoupSubmitted by: JENMAH
IntroductionGreat in the slow cooker Great in the slow cooker
* Bay Leaf, 1
* Cumin seed, ground, 1 tsp
* Chorizo, pork and beef, 1 link (4" long)
* Lime Juice, 1 lime yields
* Garlic, 2 cloves
* Onions, raw, 1 cup, chopped
* Peppers, sweet, red, raw, sliced, 1 cup
* Beans, black, 2 cup
* Vegetable Broth, 2 cup
Also add salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with cilantro and sour cream if desired.
Add vegetables and saute 5 minutes
Add beans, broth and spices to slow cooker
Set to low for 4-5 hours
Blend with immersion blender or food processor if a smooth soup is desired.
Add lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user --JEN--JEN--.