Yummy Chicken SoupSubmitted by: MANGLIN86
IntroductionThis is a recipe that has been handed down to me from a Jewish Grandma. It is absolutely delicious, it will warm any heart!! This is a recipe that has been handed down to me from a Jewish Grandma. It is absolutely delicious, it will warm any heart!!
1 Whole Chicken
5 Chicken bouillon cubes
4 stalks of celery
1 Yellow Onion
1 bunch of parsley
*Take the skin and as much fat as possible of the chicken and put it in the pot.
*peel and cut in large pieces the carrots and put them in the pot.
* cut the celery and put it in the pot.
* cut the leek in half and through it in.
* cut the top and a bit of the bottom off the parsnip and put it in the pot.
* add the bunch of parsley in the pot.
* put the onion in the pot, just slice the top and bottom off but leave the yellow skin on. (give it the beautiful yellow color)
*(add a few spigs of thyme if you would like)
Now once that is all in the pot, add water to cover all the ingredients cover and bring to a boil, then turn down and let simmer. It is done after an hour, but I cook mine for 3-4 hours. The flavors are amazing. Once it is done, take everything out except the chicken, carrots and celery.
The way I make mine is I separate it all, rinse the chicken, carrots and celery to get all the fat off. THen I strain the soup through paper towels and a strainer into another pot. The less fat the better.
This soup takes a little work but is so delicious. I hope you enjoy it, any questions, just ASK!!!
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MANGLIN86.