Orange chiffon cakeSubmitted by: MOONCHILD49
Introductiona very light and fluffy cake,
like eating a cloud :) a very light and fluffy cake,
like eating a cloud :)
115g Cake Flour
3/4 tsp Baking powder
85ml Warm orange juice
Finely grated zest of a large orange
5 egg yolks + 30g castor sugar + Salt 1/4 tsp
5 egg whites + 50g castor sugar + 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
60ml Corn oil
1/2 tsp orange essence
2. Use hand whisk to whisk egg yolk until creamy and light in colour.
Add in corn oil then warm orange juice and essence.
3. Add in flour mixture into yolk mixture lightly. Add in orange zest.
4. Beat egg white with electric beater until big bubbles formed.
Sprinkle in cream of tartar and beat until it is white in colour.
Add in 50g sugar 3 times (a little at a time) and beat until stiff perks
formed. About 8 - 10 minutes for 150w egg beater.
5. Pour 1/2 egg white into flour mixture in (3) and blend well.
6. Pour flour mixture into the rest of the egg white and blend well.
7. Bake at 175C for 45 minutes or until cooked.
8. Invert the cooked cake during cooling process.
Number of Servings: 36
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MOONCHILD49.