- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 479.2
- Total Fat: 16.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 390.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 65.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 16.8 g
- Protein: 19.5 g
Home-made lentil burger patties (Gluten-Free)Submitted by: MRS_MORRIS
IntroductionThese lentil burgers can be made as easily as meat burgers and ideal for a grill in the summer, but equally delicious cooked indoors at any time of the year! If you want to spice them up you can add a teaspoon of curry powder to give them a kick. And yes, they are gluten-free. These lentil burgers can be made as easily as meat burgers and ideal for a grill in the summer, but equally delicious cooked indoors at any time of the year! If you want to spice them up you can add a teaspoon of curry powder to give them a kick. And yes, they are gluten-free.
You will need:
1 can (425g) of Cooked Lentils
1 can (425g) of Cooked Black beans
6 Tbs. Extra light Olive Oil
1 c. Brown Onions (finely chopped)
1 Tbs. Nutritional Yeast
1 c. Carrot (grated)
1 1/2 c. Fresh bread crumbs (be sure to use Gluten-Free bread crumbs for GF option!)
2 Tbs. Brown rice flour (or Buckwheat flour)
Salt and Pepper to taste
2) Chop onion. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet and gently cook the onion
3) Mix into the mashed beans with the yeast, grated carrot, bread crumbs, and seasoning. Mix well.
4) With wet hands, divide the mixture into 6 and form into burger patties (3 1/2 inches/8cm in diameter). Sift the flour onto a plate and use to coat the burgers.
5) Cook the burgers on a medium hot grill for 4-5 minutes (or until golden brown) on each side, brushing with the remaining oil from time to time.
6) Put the burgers on your choice of toasted bun or grilled bread (see my gluten-free bread recipes) and serve with melted low-fat mozerella cheese, grilled/toasted spinach leaves, and your favorite toppings. Add some grilled portabellos or a side salad for a delicious, healthy meal!
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MRS_MORRIS.