- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 377.4
- Total Fat: 13.7 g
- Cholesterol: 116.7 mg
- Sodium: 1,015.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.6 g
- Protein: 19.3 g
Rachael Ray's Shrimp Jambalaya with GritsSubmitted by: GIRANIMAL
IntroductionFrom Every Day with Rachael Ray From Every Day with Rachael Ray
* 2 tablespoons flour
* Salt and pepper
* 8 ounces frozen okra, thawed and patted dry
* 4 tablespoons butter
* 3/4 cup quick-cooking grits
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 green bell pepper, chopped
* One 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
* 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/2 pound medium shrimp, chopped
2. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add the okra and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the okra to a plate and reserve the skillet.
3. In a small saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Stir in the grits, lower the heat, cover and simmer until thickened, about 7 minutes. Stir in 4 tablespoons butter; season with salt and pepper.
4. Meanwhile, in the reserved skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cayenne. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until the mixture is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Lower the heat to medium, add the shrimp and simmer until the shrimp are just cooked, about 3 minutes. Stir in the okra and season with salt and pepper. Serve over the grits.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GIRANIMAL.