Jessica's Carrot Cake MuffinsSubmitted by: JESSICA0431
IntroductionYou may want to frost by mixing fat-free cream cheese, splenda or stevia and vanilla. Or, you could frost mixing fat-free cool whip and cream cheese pudding (dry) mix. You may want to frost by mixing fat-free cream cheese, splenda or stevia and vanilla. Or, you could frost mixing fat-free cool whip and cream cheese pudding (dry) mix.
•3 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or use half white and whole wheat)
•2 teaspoon baking soda
•2 teaspoon baking powder
•3 teaspoons cinnamon
•1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
•1/2 teaspoon ginger
•1 cup brown sugar (or to taste, or can use brown sugar Splenda)
•3 egg whites, slightly beaten
•6 tablespoons oil
•4 teaspoons vanilla
•1 cup nonfat milk (or use low-fat milk)
•1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained (or mandarin oranges)
•3 cups grated carrots (squeeze out some of the moisture with hands)
•1 cup raisins
2. Line muffin tins with paper liners or spray tins with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl mix together first 7 ingredients.
4. In a small bowl whisk together egg whites, oil, milk and vanilla.
5. In a medium bowl mix the shredded carrots with the crushed pineapple.
6. Add in the oil/egg mixture into the carrot/pineapple mixture; mix well to combine, then add to the dry ingredients; mix JUST until combined.
7. Add in the raisins and chopped nuts.
8. Pour mixture in muffin tins.
9. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the muffins test done.
May substitute mandarin oranges also
Number of Servings: 50
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JESSICA0431.