- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 322.3
- Total Fat: 6.3 g
- Cholesterol: 63.8 mg
- Sodium: 36.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 7.8 g
Gluten-Free Country Style BreadSubmitted by: MRS_MORRIS
IntroductionThis delicious country style bread is just like the kind Mama used to bake...only its gluten-free! Toast and top with poached eggs for breakie, or pop on the grill and top with 'Home-made lentil burger patties' for a scrumptious meal! This delicious country style bread is just like the kind Mama used to bake...only its gluten-free! Toast and top with poached eggs for breakie, or pop on the grill and top with 'Home-made lentil burger patties' for a scrumptious meal!
You will need:
400mL Warm water
3 Tbs. Extra light olive oil
3 (whole) Free range eggs
1 tsp. Organic cider vinegar (make sure its gluten-free!)
2 c. White rice flour
1 1/4 c. Potato flour
1/3 c. Soy flour
1/2 c. Tapioca (arrowroot) flour
1/4 c. Organic cane sugar (optional)
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 c. Soy or rice milk powder (or may substitute with Coconut milk powder)
1 Tbs. Guar or Xanthan gum
2 tsp. Tandaco yeast (or instant rise yeast)
2) In a small bowl whisk eggs, oil and vinegar until eggs are a bit frothy.
3) Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl until mixture is even. By this point the yeast mixture should be foamy, so you can pour the two liquid mixtures into the flour mixture. With a pliable spatula, stir until all ingredients are well mixed and then
(a) dump the dough into your bread machine and bake on the 80 minute (or GF) setting.
(b) or following the remaining instructions for a convention oven.
4) Lightly grease a loaf pan with olive oil, butter, or cooking spray. Scoop the dough into the pan and smooth it out with a rubber spatula or the back of a spoon. Cover the pan with a damp dishrag and place in warm area so that the dough can rise for the next 45-60 minutes. The dough should double in size or reach the top of the pan.
5) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. After the dough has risen, bake inoven for 60 minutes. When the bread is done it will have a crispy crust and it will pull away from the sides of the pan. Remove the pan from the oven, and the bread from the pan, and cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
6) ...and just because it would be a sin not to... enjoy a slice of your fresh baked bread...warm out of the oven- YUM!
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MRS_MORRIS.