- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 291.7
- Total Fat: 7.0 g
- Cholesterol: 53.2 mg
- Sodium: 289.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 10.2 g
- Protein: 14.5 g
Greek Style Quinoa BurgersSubmitted by: TEJOLOTE
IntroductionNutritional info figured without the tzatziki sauce and without the pita. Nutritional info figured without the tzatziki sauce and without the pita.
* 1/2 cup rinsed quinoa
* 1 medium carrot, cut in large chunks
* 6 scallions, thinly sliced
* 15 ounces great northern beans, drained and rinsed
* 1/4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
* 1 large egg, lightly beaten
* 1 tablespoon ground cumin
* Coarse salt
* Ground pepper
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
* 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
* 4 pitas (each 6 inches)
* 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced diagonally
1. In a small saucepan, bring 3/4 cup water to a boil; add quiona, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is absorbed, 12 to 14 minutes; set aside.
2. In a food processor, pulse carrot until finely chopped. Add cooked quinoa, half the scallions, beans, breadcrumbs, egg, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; pulse until combined but still slightly chunky.
3. Form mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick paties (dip hands in water to prevent sticking). If too soft, refrigerate 10 minutes to firm. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium; cook burgers until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes per side.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, and the remaining scallions; season with salt and pepper. Serve burgers in pita topped with cucumber and yogurt sauce.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TEJOLOTE.