Chili con carne Tex-MexSubmitted by: BELSAMMAEL
Introductionchili con carne, texan/mexican style chili con carne, texan/mexican style
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 750 grams beef (lean)
- 1 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup of tomato juice
- 1 can (440 grams) peeled tomato w. juice
- 465 grams red kidney beans
- 1/2 tbsp grinded oregano
- 1 tbsp grinded cumin seed
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
2. Add onions, bay leaves, tomatoes (with juice) and tomato juice. Stir until the mixture is cooking, then lower temperature a little.
3. Cover pot/pan with lid and leave it boiling steadily until the meat is nice and tender and the juice has thickened up to half the original content. Then add kidney beans (without juice) and herbs and reheat.
tip: serve with guacamole and tortilla chips (not calculated in recipe info).
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BELSAMMAEL.