- Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 288.2
- Total Fat: 9.9 g
- Cholesterol: 52.1 mg
- Sodium: 737.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 17.3 g
Spicy & Tasty Mexican Lasagna CasseroleSubmitted by: TLB1630
IntroductionVery filling super delicious, and SPICY!! You can tone down the spiciness by substituting plain Diced Tomatoes instead of ones with Green Chilies as I do.
Very easy to make & bake. I usually serve along with brown rice. Very filling super delicious, and SPICY!! You can tone down the spiciness by substituting plain Diced Tomatoes instead of ones with Green Chilies as I do.
Very easy to make & bake. I usually serve along with brown rice.
1 lb Lean Ground Beef
1 package Dry Taco Mix
3 tbsp water
1 8oz C Tomato Sauce (separated for use)
1 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes w/Green Chilies **
(** Substitute plain Diced Tomatoes if you don’t like
3 8” Flour Tortillas (cut 2 in half & 1 in quarters)
8 oz Refried Beans (½ - 14.5 can)
6 oz low fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Seasonings of your liking
2. Using 10 x 10 casserole dish spread 3 tbsp of tomato sauce over bottom and sides, this prevents sticking while baking.
3. Brown meat in non-stick skillet until cooked. Drain and rinse well several times with hot water. (This removes about 40% of the FAT).
4. Wipe/wash skillet and return to heat mixing together meat, dry Taco Mix, 3 tbsp tomato sauce and 6 tbsp of water; Heat on low, for at least 5 minutes so meat is seasoned well.
5. Frost ½ of the tortillas with ½ of the refried beans and place on top of sauce in casserole dish.. It’s OK if they overlap.
6. Sprinkle evenly ½ of the taco seasoned ground beef over tortillas
7. Mix remaining tomato sauce with Diced Tomatoes and using ½, spoon over ground beef
8. Season with spices to your liking.
9. Sprinkle ½ of the shredded cheese over tomatoes
REPEAT Steps 5 through 9 to create 2nd layer
10. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Let casserole stand out of oven for 10 minutes. Cut into 9 squares.
Yields 9 servings, approximately (5 oz per serving)