Beef & Bok Choy Hot PotSubmitted by: BEEBOULDER
IntroductionThis recipe is from Cooking Light Magazine. It's a staple in my house and a truly unique and yummy meal. This recipe is from Cooking Light Magazine. It's a staple in my house and a truly unique and yummy meal.
Water, tap, 2.25 cup
Beef broth - 1 cup
Rice Vinegar, 1/3 cup
Kikkoman Lite Soy Sauce, 1/3 cup
Brown Sugar, 1 tbsp
Veggie Oil, 1 tbsp
1 lb. beef stew meat
1 1/4 cup choppped green onions
Garlic, 2 clove
Ginger Root, 1 tsp chopped
*Bok Choy - sliced - 3 cups
Carrots, raw, 1.5 cup, sliced thin
Rice Noodles, 2 cups
* Combine first 6 ingredients and whisk - set aside
* Heat oil in pan and brown meat - add garlic & ginger for the last few minutes.
* Add broth mixture and green onions
* Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 1 1/2 hours - till meat is tender.
* Stir in bok choy and carrot - cook for another 5 minutes.
* Serve over cooked rice noodles.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BEEBOULDER.