- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 279.9
- Total Fat: 11.2 g
- Cholesterol: 30.9 mg
- Sodium: 236.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 11.8 g
Mom's Baked Macaroni and CheeseSubmitted by: MIMODOK
IntroductionThis a family favorite! Even if it is a bit high in calories... This a family favorite! Even if it is a bit high in calories...
1/4 cup salted butter
1 lb. elbow macaroni
6 tbsp all-purpose wheat flour
2 cups fat-free milk
1 cup water
1/4 tsp mustard powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried minced onions
1/4 tsp minced garlic
3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2. In medium saucepan, add butter, flour, and spices. Slowly stir in milk and water.
3. Stir constantly on low heat until it thickens, but do not let it boil.
4. Add cheese to saucepan and stir until cheese is melts.
5. Drain macaroni, then put the noodles back in the pot you used to cook them.
5. Add the mixture from the saucepan to the pot with the macaroni. Stir.
6. Pour contents into a (greased) large glass baking dish.
7. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese.
8. Put in oven and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MIMODOK.