Tuna Wrap with a TwistSubmitted by: KAYALDA
IntroductionThis healthy, rich in omega 3 fat lunch idea was adapted from a tuna salad wrap found at prevention.com This healthy, rich in omega 3 fat lunch idea was adapted from a tuna salad wrap found at prevention.com
2 scallions (white and green parts), cut into 1" pieces
2/3 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup packed parsley leaves
1/4 granny smith apple with skin, cored and coarsely chopped
1 can (6 1/2 ounces) water-packed albacore tuna
1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
1 dash ground black pepper
1 tsp red or cayenne pepper
.5 tsp Garlic powder
2 100 percent whole wheat tortillas (10" diameter)
2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and thinly sliced vertically
2. Add the parsley and apple and chop again .. getting it as fine as possible.
3. In another bowl, combine the tuna and mayonnaise. Process until the mixture is a spreadable paste. Season to taste with pepper and garlic
4. Divide the tuna between the tortillas, spreading firmly with a spatula to cover all but 3/4" along the outer edge of each wrap.
5. Heap half of the chopped vegetables in the center of each wrap. Spread them to cover the tuna, pressing lightly. Arrange the tomatoes evenly over the vegetables.
6. Roll the tortillas from the bottom, pulling toward you slightly to make them tight. Trim off the ends, cutting them on a diagonal in the same direction. Cut each wrap diagonally in half. Wrap pieces in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours, or up to 24 hours, before serving.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KAYALDA.