Chicken FajitasSubmitted by: RKBILLYGEEKGIRL
IntroductionSavory Chicken Fajitas that are both tasty and good for you. Serve these over low carb, high fiber tortillas with some salsa and you have a great, low cal dinner. Savory Chicken Fajitas that are both tasty and good for you. Serve these over low carb, high fiber tortillas with some salsa and you have a great, low cal dinner.
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
3 teaspoons fajitas seasoning
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips (approx. 1 lb)
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
2 teaspoons lime juice
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add onions and sauté until tender (around 8 minutes). Add spices and stir for half a minute.
4. Add bell pepper strips and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
5. Add chicken and cook for a minute. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
6. If needed, season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with lime juice.
Serve over your choice of tortillas with your choice of topping.
Makes four servings of approx. two fajitas.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ZANSIDHE.