This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe (what's this)
IntroductionTry this easy-to-make apple pie! Try this easy-to-make apple pie!
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 7 1/2 cups peeled and pared baking apples
- 1 egg
- 2 – 9” pie crusts
2. Spray 9” glass pie dish with cooking spray and fit one crust to bottom and sides of pan.
3. Combine sugar, brown sugar, flour, lemon juice and cinnamon and mix well. Add apples to mixture and stir until well coated.
4. Pour apple mixture into pan with pie crust, spreading as evenly as possible. Place the second pie crust on top of filling and trim the edges. Lightly glaze top of the pie with egg and sprinkle with a bit of sugar.
5. Bake 35 – 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool 30 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 slices.