- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 290.4
- Total Fat: 27.3 g
- Cholesterol: 79.3 mg
- Sodium: 72.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 5.4 g
Coconut Custard (Flan de Coco)Submitted by: NITEWOLF131
IntroductionThis recipe makes two 9" pans (8 slices each pan) This recipe makes two 9" pans (8 slices each pan)
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 cup water
1 13 oz can of Evaporated Milk
1 14 oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 can of Coconut Cream (Goya brand preferred)
5 Large Eggs
1. In a non-stick pan, combine the sugar and water and cook on medium-high until the sugar caramelizes to a nice light brown color.
2. Pour half of the caramel into two 9" pie pans and let sit. (Note: be sure to place pans on a surface that will not melt. Handle caramel with care because it can cause burns.)
3. Beat together the eggs, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and the coconut cream in a mixing bowl for about 2 minutes. Then, stir with a spatula to remove any bubbles.
4. Pour mixture over caramel in the pie pans.
5. In 1 larger pan or 2 slightly larger pans then the 9" pie pans, add about 1" of water and place the pie pans into them (this is a water bath) then place them into the oven.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes and insert a toothpick to check texture. If toothpick comes out clean, custards are ready. If not, leave in oven for 15 more minutes.
7. Remove custard from oven and let sit at room temperature for up to 2 hours, then refrigerate overnight. Best served cold.
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NITEWOLF131.