Whole Grain Oatmeal CookiesSubmitted by: LLTS01
* 1/2 cup brown sugar Splenda
* 1 cup eggbeaters (OR 4 eggs)
* 2 cups applesauce (OR 1 ½ cups butter)
* 2 tsp. vanilla
* 3 cups whole grain flour (I I used whole wheat pastry flour)
* 4 cups Steel cut Oats
* 1 tsp. salt
* 2 tsp. baking powder
* 1/2 tsp. baking soda
* 4 heaping tsp. cinnamon
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
* 1 1/2 cups chopped dates, raisins, craisins, choc. chips or diced apples ( I used raisins)
2. Mix applesauce, eggbeaters, vanilla and sugar together in bowl to dissolve sugar.
3.. Add dry ingredients. Stir in dates or raisins etc, and nuts.
4. Spray cookie sheets with non-stick spray.
5. Drop by spoonfuls on cookie sheets and bake 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
6. Cool and store in zip lock or air-tight container.
Number of Servings: 45
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LLTS01.