Honey oat breadSubmitted by: PHRASER
IntroductionAdapted from Recipezaar.com #405480 Adapted from Recipezaar.com #405480
3 1/2 cups bread flour (high protein)
2 cups (divided) wholemeal flour
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup canola oil
2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups quick oats
2 cups warm water (37 degrees celcius)
1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
2. Add oil and honey.
3. Add the bread flour a cup at a time, mixing well with dough hook on stand mixer, or wooden spoon. Then, add the quick oats, one cup of wholemeal flour, and the salt, continuing to mix.
4. Add enough of the second cup of wholemeal flour to give a smooth, non-sticky dough. When you get to that point, either leave in the mixer to knead for 10-15 minutes, or turn out onto a floured surface and knead well.
5. Bring together into a large ball, and cut in half. Place two halves on a floured board covered with a clean towel and leave to rise for 20 minutes or so.
6. Punch down and reshape - put into two lightly greased bread tins (or onto trays, for the rustic look) and leave to rise in a warm, draught free place until doubled in size. Will probably take less than an hour.
7. Bake for 30 minutes in a 180 degree celcius oven - will be brown on top and will sound hollow underneath if tapped.
Makes 2 loaves of 12 slices each (24 slices total). One serving is one slice.
This recipe can also be used to make bread rolls. You may need to reduce the baking time slightly.
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PHRASER.