Tina's Lower Fat Party MixSubmitted by: HOOSIERGIRLINDY
IntroductionThis is a tasty alternative to high fat party mix. It's not as esthetically pleasing, but is not nearly as high in fat. It's a good trade-off! This is a tasty alternative to high fat party mix. It's not as esthetically pleasing, but is not nearly as high in fat. It's a good trade-off!
1 cup toasted wheat cereal squares
1 1/2 cup toasted rice cereal squares
2 cups toasted corn cereal squares
1/2 cup peanuts
25-30 sprays of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!" or other butter-flavored spray
1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
Seasonings to taste:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt (approx. 1 tsp)
Garlic powder (approx. 1/4 tsp)
Onion powder (approx. 1/4 tsp)
Makes 10 servings (1/2 cup each)
2. On a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, pour out cereal and peanuts. Spread into a single layer.
3. Spray 25-30 sprays of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray evenly over the cereal and peanuts.
4. Brush (or dab) on the worcestershire sauce with a pastry brush.
5. Sprinkle on salt, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste.
6. Bake at 225 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Makes 10 servings (1/2 cup each).
To further reduce fat, reduce the amount of buttery spray and/or peanuts used.
*This recipe will NOT work in a microwave oven. It turns out mushy...but will bake up nice and crispy in the oven!
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HOOSIERGIRLINDY.