- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 505.3
- Total Fat: 32.3 g
- Cholesterol: 34.6 mg
- Sodium: 98.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.6 g
- Protein: 31.0 g
Salmon with Beetroot and CauliflowerSubmitted by: CHEEKYCHOOK
4 Beetroot, tops removed
4 Shallots, finely chopped
clove Garlic, finely chopped
3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp Olive oil
10g mixed snipped Chives, and chopped parsley
1 large Cauliflower, separated into florets
100ml double cream, whipped
2 tbsp creamed horseradish (optional)
For the salmon
4 Salmon pieces/fillets
1 tbsp half fat butter
lemon juice, from 1 lemon
2. Mix the shallots and garlic with the balsamic vinegar, oil and herbs and pour over the beetroot. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile, cook the cauliflower florets in boiling water until just cooked. Drain and plunge into iced water. Drain and set aside.
4. Combine the lemon juice and horseradish cream with the whipped cream and season with salt and pepper. Fold in the cauliflower.
5. Wrap the salmon in foil with a tsp butter and a squeeze of lemon juice on each piece and some salt and pepper. Cook in oven for approx 15 - 20 mins until cooked through, stand for 2-3 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper.
7. To serve: place a portion of cauliflower cream in the centre of the plate and spoon the marinated beetroot round the edge with some dressing. Place the salmon on top and sprinkle with a little more lemon juice.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CHEEKYCHOOK.