- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 203.2
- Total Fat: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 345.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.9 g
- Protein: 7.5 g
Barley Vegetable soup with Beef BrothSubmitted by: WILDFLOWERR_
IntroductionI also added some pan drippings and fat cut from the Top Sirloin I had cooked for dinner for flavor. Did not how to record that. So, I am sure it added some more calories etc. I also added some pan drippings and fat cut from the Top Sirloin I had cooked for dinner for flavor. Did not how to record that. So, I am sure it added some more calories etc.
* Barley, pearled, raw, 1 cup
* *College Inn Organic Beef Broth (99% fat free)(1cup), 4 serving
* Green Beans (snap), 2 cups, par cooked
* *Mixed Frozen Vegetables - Publix Brand, 170 gram(s) half a bag
* *Publix Frozen Vegetable Gumbo, 170 gram(s) half a bag
* Sweet potato, 1 cup, cubes par cooked
* Water, tap, 5 cup (8 fl oz)
*Onions, raw, .25 cup, chopped
*Shallots, 2 tbsp chopped
salt and pepper to taste.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WILDFLOWERR_.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Used this basic recipe for Daniel fast so I used home canned tomatoes instead of beef broth. Wonderfully filling. - 2/14/11
Reply from WILDFLOWERR_ (2/14/11)
Glad you enjoyed it! Happy Valentine's Day to you!
I added a teaspoonish of Emeril's Original Essence to perk up flavor. - 1/8/11
Reply from WILDFLOWERR_ (1/8/11)
Thanks for your comment and sharing your ideas!
P.S.- did you forget to rate the recipe?