- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 175.7
- Total Fat: 8.7 g
- Cholesterol: 20.9 mg
- Sodium: 177.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
Cinnamon Honey Muffins (Take #1)Submitted by: WYTCHHAZYL
IntroductionTake #1 of original Richard Simmons Deal-A-Meal Cook Book recipe from 1987. Take #1 of original Richard Simmons Deal-A-Meal Cook Book recipe from 1987.
Unprocessed Oat Bran, 0.75 cup
Buttermilk Powdered Blend, SACO (4 tbsp - 1 serving), 1 serving
Water, tap, 1 cup (8 fl oz)
(Or use 1 cup low-fat liquid buttermilk instead of water and powdered.)
Egg, fresh, 1 extra large
Honey, 4 tbsp
Canola Oil, 0.25 cup
Raisins, 0.5 cup (not packed)
Carrots, raw, 0.5 cup, grated
Walnuts, 0.5 cup, chopped (optional, not in original recipe)
Flour, white, 1.25 cup
Baking Soda, 1 tsp
Salt, 0.25 tsp
Nutmeg, ground, 1 tsp
Cinnamon, ground, 0.5 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat muffin pan with non-stick spray.
2. In medium bowl, combine bran, water, egg, honey, oil, raisins, carrots and walnuts. Let stand 10 minutes.
3. In large bowl, sift together remaining ingredients.
4. Make well in center and add bran mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon or other large spoon ( DO NOT USE A MIXER) just until dry ingredients are moistened. Batter should be lumpy. Do not overmix.
5. Spoon batter evenly into 12-muffin pan.
6. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tester comes out clean when inserted in center of muffin.
These muffins can be frozen.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WYTCHHAZYL.