Creamy Potato Leek SoupSubmitted by: JULIEIRENE
2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
4 Garlic cloves, minced
3 Leeks, chopped
3 large Baking Potatoes, with skin, chopped
32 oz. low-sodium Vegetable Stock
1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
2. Sautee Garlic about 30 seconds, add in chopped leeks & potatoes. Cook about 15 minutes until potatoes begin to get tender.
3. Add in vegetable stock, bring to a boil, then simmer another 10 minutes.
4. Use an immersion blender (or food processor) to blend all ingredients to creamy.
5. Add in cheese, stirring to melt through, & pepper.
6. Serve in bowls (2-cup servings). I like to garnish it with green onions & another Tablespoon of cheddar cheese.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JULIEIRENE.