Welly's Vegan 'Meatloaf'Submitted by: WELLY_WENCH
IntroductionTaken from a recipe in a 'Biggest Loser' recipe book, this has been adapted to be vegan, but my meat eating hubby loves it! Taken from a recipe in a 'Biggest Loser' recipe book, this has been adapted to be vegan, but my meat eating hubby loves it!
2/3 cup dry oats
1/2 cup soy milk
1 tsp vegan worcestershire sauce
1.5 tsp Ener-G Egg Replacer
1/2 tsp salt
5oz frozen spinach (1/2 a packet)
1 tbsp prepared horseradish
1 cup TVP or packet of veggie burger crumbles
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 clove crushed garlic
1/4 cup low carb, organic tomato ketchup
- Soak the oats in the milk for a few minutes.
- Soak the TVP in 2 cups hot water until all nice and plump!
- Drain excess water from TVP and add to the oat mixture.
- Add all other ingredients except the tomato ketchup.
- Pop into a 8 x 4 loaf tin and spread the ketchup on top.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Slice into 4 portions and enjoy!!!
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WELLY_WENCH.