lentil stewSubmitted by: ANGIERUNNER
Introductionfrom the kind diet book from the kind diet book
.5 tsp of:
2TBS olive oil
2 cloves garlic diced
2 large onion cut into chunks
3 small or 2 large celery stalks diced
1 carrots sliced
1 potato cut into chunks
.25 c shoyu ( or soy sauce)
4 cups vegetable broth ( one box)
3 tomatoes cored and cut into chunks
1.5 c lentils
* *extra 2 sliced of favorite bread cubed and more oil
** not in calories
2. In a large pan put the oil in with the onion, carrots, celery, and potato, put in have of the herb soy sauce mixture
3. stir constantly for about 7 mins until onions are tender
4. add 5 cups water with broth, tomatoes, and lentils.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins
6. Add remaining seasoning and cook for 20 more mins until lentils are soft.
7. Meanwhile , pan-roast cubed bread in a dry skillet.
8. Garnish the soup with the bread and drizzle with oil.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ANGIERUNNER.