Baked Chicken ParmesanSubmitted by: JEFFC1971
IntroductionThis is a recipe that my wife found and modified a little to make a great meal. A little high in calories at 516, but if you have the room a great meal. This is a recipe that my wife found and modified a little to make a great meal. A little high in calories at 516, but if you have the room a great meal.
1/2 cup of egg whites
1/3 cup of Bread Crumbs (Italian Style)
4 tbsp reduced-fat Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/2 lb. Chicken Breast Tenders
1 1/2 cups of Garden Rotini (Or any other pasta you prefer)
1 cup of Pasta Sauce (we used Prego - Italian Sauce)
2. In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites with forth until slightly frothy. Then, mix breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons of reduced-fat Parmesan cheese in a pie plate.
3. Dip chicken breasts in egg whites and then into the breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides.
4. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts on the baking sheet; baking for approximately 12 minutes, turn over and bake approximately 12 more minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and coating golden brown.
5. While the chicken is baking, prepare spinach pasta according to its package directions.
6. In a small saucepan, warm pasta sauce over medium heat.
7. Top with pasta sauce and remaining Parmesan cheese.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JEFFC1971.