- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 297.7
- Total Fat: 19.4 g
- Cholesterol: 90.9 mg
- Sodium: 1,123.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 22.5 g
Baked Turkey Chiles RellenosSubmitted by: TROPICAL82
* 8 poblano chiles
* 3/4 pound ground turkey
* 1 cup crumbled cotija cheese
* 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano leaves
* 12 eggs
* 1/3 cup flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup freshly shredded jack cheese
2. Peel chiles and discard skins. Cut off stem ends and discard; remove seeds. Set chiles aside on layers of paper towels to dry.
3. Meanwhile, in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, cook turkey, stirring occasionally to break up the meat, until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix turkey, cotija, and oregano. Stuff chiles with mixture and lay them in an 8- by 12-in. baking dish.
5. In a large bowl, whisk eggs until they are thoroughly broken up and uniform in color and texture. Whisk in flour, baking powder, and salt. Sprinkle chiles with 1/2 the jack cheese. Pour egg mixture over chiles and sprinkle with remaining jack.
6. Bake until top starts to brown and the eggs are set but still soft, about 30 minutes.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TROPICAL82.