Great Cottage PieSubmitted by: LAURENMCF6785
IntroductionThis cottage pie is easy and tastes great, you can alter the garlic and onions to suit your personal taste. This cottage pie is easy and tastes great, you can alter the garlic and onions to suit your personal taste.
450g lean beef steak mince
800g king edward potatoes
3 cloves garlic (crushed)
2 tsp soft margarine
2tsp Worcester sauce
1 beef stock cube
275ml boiling water
1tbsp tomato puree
2 1/2 medium onions (diced)
1 1/2 carrots (sliced thinly)
1 cup peas (frozen)
2) Peel and chop potatoes into cubes and boil for 20 minutes.
3) Add onions, garlic and carrots to pan and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes until onions are transparent.
4) Add mince and cook for a further 15 minutes.
5) Add the cornflour, salt and pepper and stir.
6) Add tomato purée, Worcester sauce, stock cube, peas and water, leave to simmer for 5 minutes
7) Drain potatoes and add milk and margarine to them, then mash.
8) Add the mince to an ovenproof dish and top with the potatoes. Bake for 25 mins.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LAURENMCF6785.