- Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 78.2
- Total Fat: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0.4 mg
- Sodium: 77.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
95 Calorie Ginger Muffins- Revised for 78 Calories!Submitted by: EAGLES17
IntroductionA healthy twist on the original 95 Calorie Ginger Muffins that's absolutely delicious and only 78 calories each! Now packed with protein, fiber, and still that delicious carrot cake taste! A healthy twist on the original 95 Calorie Ginger Muffins that's absolutely delicious and only 78 calories each! Now packed with protein, fiber, and still that delicious carrot cake taste!
1 cup whole wheat flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg white
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1/6 cup brown sugar
1/6 cup white sugar
18 packets Splenda
2 tbsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
7 baby carrots, finely shredded
1/4 cup skim milk
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp dry powdered ginger
1/4 tsp allspice (or mixed ground spice)
1/8 tbsp vanilla
Optional: 1/2 cup raisins or nuts (not included in Nutritional Information)
1) Preheat the oven to 350*F (180*C)
2) In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and butter. (Use a pastry cutter or fingers to break down the butter into fine pieces mixed with the flour.)
3) Add the protein powder, sugars, ginger, carrots (use a food processor to shred these first), milk, egg white, vanilla, and spices to the mixture and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon or spatula.
4) Optional: Add the raisins or nuts.
5) Bake for 15-20 minutes, depensing on your oven and the size of your muffins. Let them cool.
*If your oven tends to burn food easily, like mine!, you can turn the temperature down to 325 F
Number of Servings: 15
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user EAGLES17.