Chicken and BroccoliSubmitted by: THEGOLDENGENIE
IntroductionFresh and good for you version of what you get from take out, but with a lot less Calories! Fresh and good for you version of what you get from take out, but with a lot less Calories!
2 Boneless Skinless Chiken breasts cubed
2c fresh mushrooms sliced
1/2c onion sliced
2c Fresh broccoli Florets
2 tsp ginger root finely chopped
2 tbs seaseme oil
2 tbs rice wine vinegar
2 tbs soy sauce
1c chicken broth
1/8c corn starch
pepper to taste
6c cooked jasmin rice
2) While chicken is marinating slice mushrooms and onions and chop broccoli, set aside.
3) Preheat saute pan with other 1/2 of sesame oil over medium heat, Brown chicken.
4) Add veggies and broth, cover and let cook till veggies are tender.
5) Uncover and remove 1/4c chicken broth and wisk in cornstrach with a fork. Return mixture to pan.
6) Let mixture simmer over low- medium heat until sauce thickens.
Serve about 1c of mixture over 1c jasmin rice
( makes 6, 2c servings when served almost 1c mixture and 1c rice)
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user THEGOLDENGENIE.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
This was good! Needed to add MORE cornstarch and I recommend adding it to a small bit of water - not taking the broth out...too messy and hot. Also needed (IMHO) more flavor..of course, that could be because I used Teriyaki instead of Soy. But the flavors blended well and came together nicely. - 4/7/10
I can't see 2 breasts feeding 6 people. - 1/12/10
Reply from THEGOLDENGENIE (1/12/10)
The dish is ment to have more veggies then meat. And when served each portion is about 2c including rice. Oh and with the breasts i use it has about 2+ cups of meat.