Italian Lemon BarsSubmitted by: BLUESUNSHINEFL
IntroductionUsually if a dessert does not have chocolate in one way or another I am not attracted to it. These lemon bars are a lovely exception. Usually if a dessert does not have chocolate in one way or another I am not attracted to it. These lemon bars are a lovely exception.
1 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 Large Egg
3/4 cup Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
3/4 cup Honey
1/2 stick Unsalted Butter
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Lemon Zest
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3) Spray nonstick cooking oil in a square baking dish
4) Beat butter and honey together in a large bowl.
5) Mix in the ricotta cheese, egg, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
6) Add remaining ingredients and stir only until combined. Do not over mix.
7) Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes. The inside should still be a little moist.
-- 3 WW points --
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BLUESUNSHINEFL.