- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 181.2
- Total Fat: 7.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 2.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
Almond & Fruit Vanilla Scented GranolaSubmitted by: CARADAWN
IntroductionAdapted from SparkPeople user DIVAMAC's Vanilla Scented Granola Adapted from SparkPeople user DIVAMAC's Vanilla Scented Granola
2 1/2 cups Quaker Oats Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
3/4 cup Raisins, (not packed)
3/4 cup Cranberries, dried, sweetened (craisins)
1 cup Almonds, sliced
1/4 cup Brown sugar
1/8 tsp Cinnamon, ground
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1/4 cup Honey
4 tsp Vanilla Extract
2) Mix oats, almonds, raisins, cranberries, brown sugar, and cinnamon, in large bowl.
3) Combine oil and honey in small saucepan; bring to simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
4) Pour hot liquid over oat mixture; stir well. Using hands, toss mixture until thoroughly mixed.
5) Spread granola on prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown, stirring occassionally (suggested every 10 minutes).
6) Transfer sheet to rack and let granola cool completely. (If it is not cooled completely it will not clump - DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!!)
7) Store in airtight container and ENJOY.
Makes 16 1/2 cup servings.
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CARADAWN.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Great recipe!! Used applesauce instead of the oil and added 3tbsp of Agave Nectar.
However the nutrition information is way off with the servings at 16, this recipe makes about 6 cups not 16 and therefore the nutrition is understated.
Reply from CARADAWN (8/1/12)
Servings: 16 1/2 cups not 16 cups! I get about 8 cups out of this recipie so that is what the servings are based on. It really depends on how much you break up the granola before measuring and eating it :)