- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 149.0
- Total Fat: 4.0 g
- Cholesterol: 25.9 mg
- Sodium: 170.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
Low fat chocolate chip banana breadSubmitted by: JANSTOREY
IntroductionThis is inspired by Starbucks' low fat chocolate chip banana bread and is great with coffee! Although many of the ingredients are lower fat, the bread comes out very moist! This is inspired by Starbucks' low fat chocolate chip banana bread and is great with coffee! Although many of the ingredients are lower fat, the bread comes out very moist!
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup splenda
1/4 cup cinnamon applesauce
1 cup mashed bananas
1/4 cup skim milk
1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, splenda and applesauce until smooth.
3. Add eggs, mild and bananas. Mix well.
4. Mix in flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and vanilla until blended.
5. Stir in chocolate chips. Mix well.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 28-30 minutes until brown and knife comes out clean from center of bread. If using a large loaf pan, increase time to 50-60 minutes.
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JANSTOREY.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
I made this with a few modifications. It was very good. I used whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour, Splenda instead of regular sugar, and an extra teaspoon of vanilla. I did not measure the amount of banana, but used 2 medium sized bananas. We enjoyed it! - 8/9/10
Made this bread and had a blind taste test with four other banana breads. Of the four the only one to beat this out was a full on banana bread with real butter, etc. But this bread was a very close second and well worth the drop in fat and calories. We did substitute Reb A stivia for the splenda. - 8/9/10