- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 887.4
- Total Fat: 39.1 g
- Cholesterol: 136.9 mg
- Sodium: 218.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 25.3 g
- Protein: 74.4 g
WALKOFFWIN'S Black Bean Spinach SaladSubmitted by: KINCH417
IntroductionManly, yes, but I like it, too! Manly, yes, but I like it, too!
1 cup of canned black beans, drained.
1 boneless chicken breast
1 ripe Hass avocado
2 handfulls of bagged fresh baby spinach leaves, rinsed.
1/2 cup of grape tomatoes
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of Balsamic vinegar
1. One cup of canned black beans, drained.
2. One boneless chicken breast cooked in George Foreman Grill (because after all, this is a guy recipe!) Done nicely in about 8 minutes.
3. One ripe Hass avocado (the small dark colored ones from CA or Mexico)
4. Two handfulls of bagged fresh baby spinach leaves, rinsed.
5. 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes (much smaller and sweeter than cherry tomatoes)
6. one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (was it first made by girls in Catholic school?) and one tablespoon of Balsamic vinegar vigorously mixed together by shaking up in a small jar. (remember to put the lid on tight!)
Throw spinach in tupperware container, add black beans and grape tomatoes.
Cut up the Foreman grilled chicken breast into small bite sized pieces and do same with avocado, then add both to container.
Put lid on container and shake up and down a few times.
Put container in refrigerator, and then put car keys on top of lid, so it is impossible to forget to bring to work! I like to add the oil and vinegar mix just before eating, so it doesn't separate.
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KINCH417.