Lo-Fat Banana Bread !Submitted by: HUISFI
IntroductionI found a recipe for banana bread and changed it around until I got it below 100 calories and it still tastes wonderful! I found a recipe for banana bread and changed it around until I got it below 100 calories and it still tastes wonderful!
* 1/4 cup sweetener
* 2 Tbsp butter, softened
* 1 large egg, beaten
* 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
* 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed (3 small)
* 1 cup whole wheat flour
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp salt
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine softened butter and sweetener, and beat with a mixer at medium speed, about 3 minutes or until well combined. Add the egg and applesauce, and beat another 2 minutes. Fold in the bananas.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate large bowl.
4. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing after each addition until moistened.
5. Coat one loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted in center of the bread comes out clean.
7. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove the bread and cool completely on a wire rack.
Yield: 1 loaf, 10 servings
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HUISFI.